Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Under the Weather

I almost feel as if I have missed a deadline for one of my articles, but I have comfort in knowing there are no deadlines here... it's my own silliness in not posting anything yesterday.

Truth be told, I wasn't up to much of anything at all the past couple of days, and as I told my husband Tuesday morning, "I think I am dying".

Well, maybe that is too extreme, but I sure felt as bad as the weather was outside, and let me tell yall, it was scary.

I began to feel icky Sunday night, but just thought I was tired from all the recent activity, which is silly as it never slows down much around here... but by Monday morning I knew I had at least a cold. Monday evening I spent on the couch, and even "slept" there, sitting up as much as possible because I could not breathe. I also had a sore throat, and could feel lots of pressure behind my ears... yesterday morning is when I told Geoff I felt so horrible.

He's a good man, and made sure I was comfortable as possible.

Life does go on in these circumstances, and he had to go to work, so I drug myself up to get the kids awake and dressed, and EJ to kindergarten... when Cub and I got home I didn't make it past the couch all morning, and my sweet boy snuggled with me most of that time... I let him watch the Disney channel, play with his pirate ship, and I slept.

The weather outside was dark, thunderous and pouring down rain... I could see the hanging fern on my porch being blown almost vertical, but I thought little of it, which is most unusual as I have a BIG phobia of bad weather. BIG. Fay's remnants have still been passing through here since the weekend, and our house could have been washed/blown away, but I could not get up from that couch for anything.

Not even the safety of our hall closet, much less BB and Reynie's basement.

I did eventually find the energy to call the Dr., who made me an afternoon appointment. Momma had been with my Great Aunt at the hospital, but rearranged her whole afternoon to come home.

I instantly felt a little better, just knowing she was there... I am 37 years old, married with babies of my own, but Momma always makes it better. She took control, put us in the car, went and picked up EJ a little early from school, and off we went to the doctor's office.

It was still raining, but the sun was beginning to peek at us from the clouds...

The good Dr. checked me out and declared I have bronchitis. I wasn't prepared for that, as I thought he would say it was a bad cold, but am so glad I went now...

He gave me some drugs and an antibiotic to take for the next 7 days, so hopefully that will kill that bad bacteria, make the pressure in my ears go away and tame my flaming sore throat. I already feel less congested, which is a huge relief.

As for the weather outside, we did have some sunshine again late yesterday afternoon, but it has been raining a lot during the night and this morning. I will not complain about the rain... we have been in a drought for awhile... so the rain is welcome.

It's the stormy part I hope is behind us!

Since I feel some better, I am no longer in that groggy "whatever" stage I was yesterday... the closet is ready, just in case!


SarahHub said...

Oh, you have had a rough time! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better! Keep resting!

mamajil said...

You take care of yourself!! It's so hard to be sick and be the mom!!!!

Special get well wishes going out to ya!!!

tootie said...

I hope you are feeling much better!

Reynie said...

Hope you feel better. Call me if you need anything. I'm making bread this afternoon and thought I could come get EJ from you to help me. Give you some down time while Cub naps. I'll call you later.