Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just Rambling On and On....

Today is full of stuff to attend and take care of...

Cub's 3 year old class has Orientation this morning at the church in town... EJ attended Pre K here last year, and I love the school, but am anxious about Cub going three days a week. I'd prefer a two day program so I could have more time with him - he's just 3! I will make a decision after meeting with the teacher and seeing how it goes...

From there I head over to another town close by for an interview and photographs. I have an article deadline today, and getting this silly bronchitis has set me back some... not to mention that I am a procrastinator about such things! I always do better under pressure, but this is really cutting it close!

After school, I am taking EJ (Elizabeth) to meet with her best friend Kate at a nearby Chick-Fil-A. It has a nice indoor playground, and so they can play while her Mommy and I catch up on the latest. Kate and EJ went to Pre K together and hit it off fairly quickly... thing is she lives on the other side of the biggest town in our area, so they attend different schools now they are in kindergarten. Elizabeth misses her friend a lot in school, and vice versa, so her Mommy and I make play dates in order for the two to play! Elizabeth woke this morning very excited about these afternoon plans...

Last but not least, EJ's school is holding Open House this evening, and I am to be there to help at the yearbook table. I am excited to go and meet many of the other families of the children in EJ's class, talk with her teacher, as well as be a part of the yearbook volunteers. Geoff is meeting us there, and EJ is very happy Daddy will be at her school!

I will be glad to get home tonight!

Come join us on The Blog Train!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Have fun at the play date! I really miss Chik Fil A. We haven't lived within 2 hours of one in almost 5 years. When we travel back down to our old town I make DH go buy some sweet tea by the gallon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a packed day. Have a good time at the play date. We have a chick fil a here that they just built last year. I was so easily hooked. Thank goodness it is one of the healthiest in the fast food department!

Anonymous said...

Have a great day!

happyathome said...

Now that is a busy day! I feel that way for this past week, playing catchup from vacation and back to a daily schedule. This is a good thing. Thanks for the post!