Monday, August 25, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

For the past few days we have experienced Fall like weather, which is more than a little strange for Georgia in the dog days of August. Fall doesn't usually show around here until the end of October, sometimes into November even. We have the hurricane/tropical depression Fay to thank for this interlude in the sticky, sweaty and almost unbearably hot days that August usually brings, and I for one am thankful for a this break. It has been a long hot summer!

It's also been raining off and on since Saturday, and today has brought the most downpours. I can handle the rain (and boy do we need it), but it's the high winds, loud thunder and cracks of jagged lightening that cause my heart to stop in fear... I hate stormy weather!

I've always been a little afraid of bad weather, but after living through a tornado that came right through our pasture, well, now. I. am. terrified.

There are tornado warnings in effect right now for the counties to our left and below us, and I have cleaned out our hall closet... just in case. I may even pack up the kids and head on back to my brother and sister in laws basement...

As a matter of fact, this may not even post until who knows when, as we lose our satellite service when the first rain drop falls...

Gotta love living out in the boonies!

So, Hon, if you are reading this up there from the office in Atlanta (or on your IPhone even!), be careful on your way home, it's a little windy! Okay - the trees are blowing and bending a bit, and the kids yard toys are down the road toward Grandma's spring...

I may not answer the phone for awhile... we don't get very good service in the closet.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The basement is always open. You know where the key is located! Actually, I should be home shortly so come on back any time! There's safety in numbers!

wfbdoglover said...

Yesterday and today have been chilly here too - in Wisconsin. They reported last night, that far north in the state - they may have frost... I didn't find out yet, but crazy!!

Anonymous said...

Stay safe!!! and let us know you are OKAY!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Please stay safe!!

Melissa said...

Tornedo's - scray stuff. I'm so glad we don't get scray weather here. Keep safe.

Mamajil said...

sounds like Faye made her way up your way! We are still feeling the effects, we were under tornado watch all day and our power went out again...I think the lady at the power company recognizes my voice by now...lol
The flooding here is the worst! My oldest daughter stayed in town with my son and DIL because there was rumor that they were going to have to close the last road leading to us because the river was so high....

Lots of prayers going your way for safety and no tornadoes! :)