Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Tractor Dance

This is my Uncle, doing his thing...


Uncle Milton is a Bobcat "expert"... and a very entertaining personality as well. So, at our Tractor Pull he and our great friend Jim, the announcer, are the comic relief. Uncle Milton's infamous Bobcat Dance to Kenny Chesney's "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" is a huge hit with the crowd, and people ask about it every year.

And, as I was going through photos last night I came across this great picture of the pull site from the air. My husband took this as he was flying over one year. I know, don't get me started on the fact that he was flying the plane, and taking pictures...


We have actually moved the track from where it is in this shot to that pea patch you can see in the bottom of the picture, but this is an awesome photo of what Saturday will be like.

Add in that good 'ol Georgia heat and humidity, extremely loud tractors roaring by me every few minutes, plus the red dirt, and it will be a blast . I can hardly wait!

Oops! Did I say that?

I kinda have a love/hate relationship with the pull. There, I said it. All in all, though, I really do enjoy it and get to see lots of folks I haven't in awhile.

Plus, I can do lots of people watching yall! Trust me, that can be very interesting at a tractor pull!

7 comments:

Mamajil said...

You got me wanting to come! We do some of the south Ga. festivals in the fall...Mule day in Calvary Ga, and Swine time in Climax.....

Connie said...

Wow! That looks like great fun!

Mamajil said...

Oh one more thing....taking pics while flying makes me think of my teens texting and driving....of course they "never" do that...yeah right! :)

Anonymous said...

I grew up in a small town, too ... but it was in the north, where things like tractor pulls aren't quite so common :) Still, I well understand the fun feeling of local festivals, and both looking forward to and dreading them!

I have to say, as an aside, that I think that picture in your sidebar of your little girl with her face in the sunflower is absolutely adorable.)

Anonymous said...

What a blast!!

Unknown said...

Good old milt and his tractor dance!

Karin said...

My four-year-old would flip over if he got to go to a tractor pull. He would just flat pass out. I bet it's fun. In a tractor kind of way, right ;)