Monday, August 18, 2008

Playing Princess

Elizabeth came home the other day from Momma's house with this dress on. It is one I used to wear when I was a little older than she is now, and Elizabeth saw it in Momma's "save" closet and wanted to try it on... I can't hardly get it off of her now!

I remember when I wore this particular dress I always felt kinda like Cinderella, and it appears that EJ gets the same feeling. All afternoon she twirled and danced, watching herself in the mirror as the pleats in the dress made for the perfect "princess effect".

While Cub was taking his nap, EJ and I went outside for a little bit with the puppies. She had the time of her life out there pretending to be Sleeping Beauty when she met Prince Phillip in the woods while picking berries.

I just had to sneak inside for my camera, and I got a few pictures of her before she knew I was taking them... then a posed one of her curtsy to the Prince at their ball. I love her imagination!




Then off she went to Momma's house, the Fairy Tale Castle she called it... a little Princess in my old green dress.

5 comments:

Mamajil said...

I love this post!!! How sweet that she gets to enjoy your princess dress!! Great pictures of your princess!! And I find the part of her calling your mommas house the Fairy Tale Castle...I want my someday grand babies to think that way of my home!

Unknown said...

so sweet. wouldn't you love to live in her little world just for a day!

Anonymous said...

Aww that is just tooo cute! She looks adorable in your dress!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

That is just too precious...

Your children are beautiful! And so is your property...I love living in Georgia.

These pics of your daughter are reminiscent for me of things I don't think of often. I don't have any girls (3 boys), but I remeber twirling in pretty dresses like that. I just don't ever see anything to remind me of it! :-)

Thanks for sharing...and visiting!

wfbdoglover said...

I love this post!! The first picture is my favorite!!

Your daughter is adorable!