Friday, June 6, 2008

A Little Sunshine


Just for the record, today began a little off.

We are a week into being home from vacation, and summer break is in full swing. The kids slept well, but they were a little testy with each other when they got up.

My goal for the summer is for the level of yelling to tone down a few decibels. Oh, and for the hitting to cease as well...

Just keeping it real.

Anyhow, after we got through that crisis I began a load of laundry. And the sweetest thing happened!

My little Snow White brought me some of the prettiest artwork I have seen in a few days. You know, since my little Cinderella brought me some on Monday.

I love the drawings - the first one is of EJ and myself. She spelled my name without asking how (!) and put her name and age below her picture.


Below is the second drawing of her Daddy and Cub. She also wrote Cub's name with out help, and got the first letter of Geoff's name correct, which is impressive to me as he spells it differently than most.


But the sweet part came after she gave me the pictures.

She hugged me real tight and said "I'm sorry Mommy". Then she said "I love you", and "I promise to try to use my words softer".

I could have cried -

Such sweet words from Snow White!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is growing up so fast! I remember her second b-day!