Monday, March 3, 2008

God is Knocking...


I took this picture mid morning. It's one of two Quince bushes we have outside our bathroom window, and I noticed that they were both blooming as I was getting dressed for the day. This weekend was gorgeous here in our little piece of the south, and though I know we are still in for some cold weather, I can't help but get excited at the bits of spring beginning to show!

Last night Geoff took Elizabeth and Cub upstairs for their goodnight books and prayers before bed. Cub is always first, and after his book and little talk with God is over, he likes for us to "fly" him to his bed... then he gets his goodnight kisses and lights out.

EJ has her own little ritual, and after her book and prayers she likes us to rub her back before we kiss her goodnight and turn off the big light. She will not sleep without a night light...

When Geoff came back downstairs, he told me that he learned something while getting the kids settled down for the night, and this is what he told me....

"After we said our prayers, she put her hand on her chest and said that she could feel God. She then asked if I wanted to feel him? So, I put my hand on her chest and she told me that it was God knocking (her heartbeat). Then she said the reason he does this is so that when you lose your heart and can not find it, just listen for God knocking and you will find it there."

Of course I cried...

Amen, baby girl... Amen!

2 comments:

Britni said...

Wow she put it a lot better than I could have.

Unknown said...

I love the flowers blooming. I love where we live. The spring time is so beautiful on our farm. It just takes my breath away at the natural beauty that God has blessed us with!!