Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why? When? How?


My two year old son, who is approaching three (in July) is at that stage...

Yall know what I am taking about, right?! I know the Mommies do.

This is how our morning began. Please picture little Cub with sleep still in his eyes and his pajamas on... EJ is fully dressed for school by now, and I am supposed to be making her lunch as well as getting them breakfast. Playhouse Disney was surely on, and the Dunkin' Donuts coffee I love was going to take too long to grind, then brew, so I was downing a Diet Coke instead.... my other addiction.

Oh, and did I mention we are probably running at least 5 minutes behind? That is just normal for me and the kids, so I know it to be true.

"Mommy, where are we going?" Cub asks...
"To take Sissy to school, and then back home" I say....
"What is school?" he asks...
"A place kids go to learn and play" I say...
"What is learn?" he asks...
"Hmmm... it's when you are looking at something new and you remember it when you see it again" I say, beginning to get frustrated as it was too early for my brain to work so much.
"How will we get there?" he asks...
Ahhh, I think, an easy one! "In the Jeep" I say...
"Where is the Jeep?" he asks...
"Outside, Cub" I say as I try to figure out a way to end the interrogation without a fuss...
"Where is outside?" he asks...
Grrrrrrrr..... "You know where outside is, you silly boy!" I say, tickling him to distract him from the next question.
"Why am I silly?" he asks, now grinning from ear to ear...

I give up! They never said being a Mommy was easy, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He did that to me the other day. I couldn't think fast enough to keep up with the questions. And there is the "big poo" he made... Do all boys like to talk about their poo?