Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Elizabeth's Art

We go to the beach in 5 1/2 weeks, to a place that is near and dear to our hearts. In 2001 my parents went on a cruise with family, and ended up buying a timeshare in Cocoa Beach, FL... we have been every year since then, except the summer my Grandmomma died.

It's a great place to go and relax, or it's so close to so much that you can fill your week with tons of activity. Since our family continues to grow, Diddy and Momma just bought a second timeshare at the same place... Now we can all go and have enough room to spread out! Of course, I love just staying at the beach, or going to the pool... Geoff enjoys that NASA is just down the road, and my parents love the antique stores and flea markets along the road. We usually have a pretty good balance of it all, but one thing the kids enjoy is Disney World... it's a short hour away from our condo. Seeing the Princesses and Buzz Lightyear in person is, well, magical for them.


Not too long ago EJ made this heart at PreK. I don't think you can read it from the picture, but it says, in her own writing - I love you because "They take me to the beach!".

I will frame this after it comes down from the side of the fridge... it is touching to know that they have a place to dream about, even if it isn't somewhere incredibly far away. There is plenty of time for far away places. For now, I just love knowing she looks forward to our beach trip every year with family, and the anticipation of this years trip is growing daily!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I CAN'T WAIT! Beach, beer and oysters with my hubby... and just beach with the kids. No beer for them!