Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Tax Season Bites the Dust...


I know, this may sound a little strange to most of you, but for my family this is one of the best days of the year! You see, my Diddy is a CPA, and January - April is what we call "tax season".

This generally means that for these 4 months my Daddy is at work 24/7, or at least 20/7 ... he is forever at his desk in Atlanta, or the one at my parents house with someone's tax return in hand. I can remember as a little girl looking into the office and seeing him in there with piles of paper everywhere, as he worked long into the night.

Last night he sounded tired as I talked to him on his cell phone. He was on the way home from his office, and it was after 9 p.m. There were extensions to file, and a long night ahead. But, through his tiredness he was quick to tell me a joke, and that is my Daddy. He is a rock through the tough times, and I am so proud of him!

I must say though, my Momma is pretty involved in tax season as well... over the years she has become his secretary at home, and all the while raising my brother and myself, and everything else that comes with running a home. She also had her own job as a school secretary, and then teacher when we were a little older, so she juggled a lot during tax time too.

Diddy had a firm in Atlanta with a few other gentlemen for 41 years, but in 2006 they merged their company in with another one. He is gearing up for retirement, and we are all excited that in the next few years "tax season" won't be as stressful, tiring and long for him.

We have our beach trip, scores of antique shops to check out, and many tractor pulls to attend to when this tax season ends tonight, so Happy April 15th yall!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I seriously don't know how he does it! Glad that the season is over for him!