Thursday, December 13, 2007

Joy to the World...

Geoff, Momma, Cub and I attended EJ's Pre-K Christmas program and party yesterday morning... her class (all 4 and 5 year olds) were just precious singing "Joy to the World" and "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer"...

Of course I would say that, right?! Well yall - it happens to be true!

EJ is a very shy child (seriously!), especially when she's in situations with lots of people, and I was a tad bit "afraid" she would see us sitting there, make a giant leap from the stage and run to hide behind my legs...

She sang her little heart out! She also was on cue and did every motion to the songs that the music teacher taught them. It WAS precious, and we were so proud... our little girl is growing up.

Now, if we can hang on with the "big girl" stuff through Sunday night's performance as one of the angels at our church musical...

I know it seems as if EJ is getting most of the attention this season, but I promise Cub isn't left out... He's just young yet to be in school. He still had a grand time himself at the program.

It was a bit tricky getting him through the performance - toddler boys don't want to sit for very long, and he was "ready to go!"... but when we got to her classroom and he saw the TOYS, he was just fine. He drove every truck, tractor and fire engine in there, and then went back and did it again. He and the other "little" kids (the siblings of her classmates - all boys actually) found every puzzle and mound of building blocks, and they were in construction heaven.

He made numerous structures with those blocks, then joyfully made them all crash down... that was his favorite part of the day, no doubt about it. Like I told yall - he's "all boy" .... and he too is growing up so quick.

That is why I write in this blog now - so I won't forget my surprise at our little girl, in pigtails and a homemade shirt, singing from her heart instead of hiding behind my legs. Or that our son (who looks much older than 2 I know) has a glorious giggle as blocks come crashing down around him... I can't imagine now that I would forget these sweet times, but just in case I will continue to make time to write about my babies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love them both! EJ is so sweet in her pigtails and little shirt. I can't wait to see her in the church play on Sunday night. And Cub-a-dub is getting so big... and you are right, he is ALL boy!