Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cub's turn!


Today was Cub's turn at Christmas fun! He and I attend a "Mommy and Me" class at our local library called Laptime, and today was their party. He loves to go "to school" and play with the play doh, train table and really enjoys the matching game with "Miss" Valerie.

The library is really a special place for him. He is not "shy" really, but he is certainly a "Mommy's Boy" - I love watching his own personality appear as he discovers new things at every session. He is much more outgoing initially than his sister, but has also been known to hide behind my legs as well.

His vocabulary is blossoming daily... Today he said "Cubby do it" instead of "I do it!" ... I did a double take as that is one of the first times I have heard him say his name. My heart fluttered at how sweet it sounded!

He calls EJ "Sissy", but a few days ago I heard him say "Elizabeth". Yes, he really did! Okay, so maybe only I could have picked up on it, but that is a hard name to say for a little guy! He made a great effort...


He LOVES to draw. "I write" he'll say, asking for a marker. (He LOVES them!) No markers allowed at this house - I learned my lesson on that, but I will give him some crayons and he will be content for a long while...

His little giggle is engaging, and I love to tickle him just to hear it. If only I could just bottle it up and give to the Grandparents for Christmas...

At the party today I teared up while he was coloring his art project, a Christmas tree. I asked him if he wanted me to open his glue stick, and he said "No Mommy, Cubby do it"... I said okay, and he said "It's okay Mommy... I big!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so big now. Makes me sorta sad. Love little cubster! but cubie can do it...

Stephanie said...

How sweet. They grow up way too fast. How blessed are we to see it happen.